“Are you a cryptographer? Are you a researcher? Are you a woman?”
Eindhoven University of Technology (TU/e) will host the second International Workshop on Cryptography, Robustness, and Provably Secure Schemes for Female Young Researchers.
This 1 ½ day event will take place from June 14th to June 15th, 2012 in Eindhoven, The Netherlands. The program will be announced shortly. You are kindly invited to attend and give a short minute presentation of your topic to your fellow participants.
What we want to achieve:
The main purpose of this workshop is to bring female researchers in the field of Cryptography and Information Security together to promote their research topics and their careers as women in engineering. We hope to encourage a tighter cooperation between women in Cryptography and Information Security, and to motivate joint papers.
Who may attend:
Though the workshop is primarily aimed at female researchers, male researchers are also invited to take part.
We also welcome undergraduate students to this workshop and strongly encourage supervisors to support participation, be it passive (mainly listening) or active (all students are encouraged to submit abstracts and give talks during the workshop).
CrossFyre dates and format:
This 1 1/2 day event will take place from June 14th to June 15th, 2012 in Eindhoven, The Netherlands.
Participants are invited to give a short presentation of their topic to the fellow participants. On Thursday afternoon there will be a one-hour plenary discussion session about the position and perspectives of women in research.
- 2 key-note talks from invited speakers Prof. Dr. Sabrina De Capitani di Vimercati (Universitá degli Studi di Milano) and Prof. Dr. Lejla Batina (Radboud Universiteit Nijmegen)
- Fellow researchers introduce themselves: selected fields in cryptography, security, robustness, provable security etc. are briefly outlined
- Afternoon discussions in restricted interest groups
- A plenary discussion about positions and perspectives of women in research (June 14th)
- A conference dinner together (June 14th)
- A Farewell reception
- IMPORTANT: A few grants will be awarded for those students who are least able to attend. See Registration.
We are looking forward to seeing you in Eindhoven!
- April 30th: Deadline for extended abstract of your talk
- May 15th: Notification for grant applicants / Program is announced
- June 14th-15th: You’re in the CrossFyre!